On this episode of the podcast, we’re off to Myanmar! We spent 16 days exploring Myanmar and in order to dig deep, we’ve decided to split this episode up. In Part 1, we arrive in Yangon, spend 2 days exploring and then make our way to The Golden Rock to celebrate New Years Eve. From there, we bused back to Yangon where we killed a couple of hours at the airport (weird, we know) before catching our first overnight bus onward to Inle Lake.
Throughout this episode take you with us as we explore Yangon, take a bus from Yangon to the Golden Rock, and then make our way up to the Golden Rock via the craziest “bus” we’ve ever taken.We share why we went to Myanmar, the challenges of traveling Myanmar, what we did in Yangon, what the Golden Rock was like, and much more.
If Myanmar has made it to the top of your list of places to travel, don’t miss this episode!
What we Talk About:
- Why we went to Myanmar
- A bit about what we learned about Myanmar before going
- What it was like to arrive in Myanmar
- Our first day in Yangon
- Our Urban Adventures tour
- Busing from Yangon to The Golden Rock
- Finding a place to stay in The Golden Rock
- Celebrating the New Year on top of the Golden Rock
- The Golden Rock back to Yangon and then off to Inle Lake
- Our overall impressions of Myanmar so far
- And much more!
Curious on where to stay in Myanmar? Here’s where we stayed!
This episode of the podcast is brought to you by YOU – this listener of the show! We just changed up our rewards on Patreon, and becoming a supporter of the show has never been better. Did someone say postcard from an exotic location? If you want to support the ongoing production of the show, please visit www.theworldwanderers.com/patreon/
Photos from Myanmar: