Gary Arndt has been traveling for almost 10 years. He’s been to 180 countries + territories, over 300 Unesco World Heritage sites, and has been named photographer of the year.
Gary is easily the most traveled person we’ve had on the podcast, and on this episode, he shares his travel story. Nearly 10 years ago, he sold his stuff and set out on what was supposed to be a 1 year around the world trip. Gary fell in love with travel, and never stopped.
On this episode, we talk about how to take nice photos, how to start a travel blog, and how to create a successful sales funnel in the travel industry. We also talk about the challenges of building a business around travel, and the challenges of being on the road.
What we Talk About:
- What inspired Gary to start traveling
- What Gary loves about traveling
- You don’t need a good camera to be a good photographer
- If you want to take good photos, practice!
- If you want to take good photos, put yourself in front of beautiful things
- If you want to be a successful travel blogger + photographer, you need to stand apart from the crowd
- How the travel industry has changed over the last 10 years
- How photography can enhance your travels
- Be selective about the products and companies you work with as a travel blogger
- The challenges of life on the road
- Travel deeper instead of checking off multiple places but barely seeing anything
Connect with Gary:
This episode of the podcast is brought to you by YOU – this listener of the show! We just changed up our rewards on Patreon, and becoming a supporter of the show has never been better. Did someone say postcard from an exotic location? If you want to support the ongoing production of the show, please visit www.theworldwanderers.com/patreon/
Photos of Gary:
To find more, check out @everythingeverywhere on Instagram!