On this episode of the podcast, we’re wrapping up 2017! We kick off this episode by reviewing where we went over the last year. We started the year off in Myanmar, and then traveled through Thailand, Bali, Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Canada, the US and now Mexico. We share highlights and lowlights from the last year, highlights from the podcast, as well as lessons that we have learned throughout 2017. We conclude this episode with plans for 2018 and sharing what’s ahead for us in the year to come!
This will be our last episode of 2017, and we can’t wait to see you again in the new year!
What we talk about in this episode:
- We kicked off 2017 in Myanmar, then traveled to Thailand, Bali, Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Canada, US, and then off to Mexico, where we’re recording this episode from!
- Why we loved traveling with our friends Steve & Julia in Japan
- Crazy summer in Canada
- Highlights of 2017
- A week in Seoul
- Mexico City
- Lowlights of 2017
- Being sick in Myanmar
- Having more work responsibilities with a summer set up for travel!
- Highlights for the podcast
- Increasing our downloads and listenership
- Meeting up with listeners of the show and guests
- Connecting with people from our online community (and starting our community!)
- Speaking at Podcast Movement
- Hiring Shalini
- Lessons learned in 2017
- Working and traveling is different than what we expected
- Health is a priority and we love being places where we can get healthy food
- Having a bigger sense of fulfillment in work
- Staying put while we’re at home
- Looking ahead to 2018!
Don’t forget to check out our 2017 holiday gift guide for travelers here!
You can also check out our new travel community on Facebook where you can ask questions, get travel recommendations, and find community members in your area!
Photos from 2017: